Monday, January 19, 2009

My 100th Post

Wow. My 100th post. I'm amazed I've gotten to this point, and I haven't even been blogging for a year (my blog anniversary isn't until May). Honestly, I didn't think there was much for me to "talk" about. If it weren't for my friend Katie, I wouldn't have started this and end up mildly addicted to the laptop. But here I am, with a personal blog, AND a cooking blog. And I really don't have time for either one; I stay up WAY too late some nights working on a post.

But I have to admit, I love it. I love checking back to see who's been reading and commenting. I especially love to read my friend's blogs, and comment on them. Way back in the day, I kept a diary, but stopped not long after David and I got engaged. I was just too busy. Blogging is so much more fun...you can import pics, music, gadgets, widgets, etc. It's so much easier to share more about yourself on a blog, and essentially get it all on one page. I've learned so much more about using a computer too---how to save and download pictures, label my posts (on my cooking blog), highlight something to link it to another site, share videos of my kids...it's just plain fun.

Do I aspire to have hundreds of readers of my blog? No way. I'd go nuts trying to keep up...and I am certainly not famous enough to host any contests or give away any prizes. I just want to remain me...a Texas girl with a Georgia heart, mom to 4 of the cutest kids on the planet, wife to 1 completely wonderful husband, and most of all, a person who strives to be more like Christ every day ('cause I feel like I have a LONG way to go). I am perfectly happy to share a moment or two with the rest of the world, and hopefully, it's worth reading.

6 comments:

  1. Congratulations! If you don't mind my asking, who is the Sweet Angel Boy on your sidebar? (First time commenter, occasional reader)
    -Kristy (via Alexis' blog)

    ReplyDelete
  2. The sweet angel boy is our youngest, Gabriel. That's his nickname b/c he's always been an easy-going, happy, kid! I guess I should label the picture better.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations on your 100th post! Glad you started it. I told you it was FUN!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You're doing a great job! You know how to add some really cute stuff! It is great and cheap therapy, isn't it?!

    ReplyDelete