Thursday, January 1, 2009

Happy New Year

Last night, our friends Jeff and Lara came over for dinner and an inpromptu New Year's Eve game night. They don't have any kids, so they are free to come over and hang out with us. After the kids went to bed, we stayed up late playing games until 2AM. I really need to get my sleep clock back on track before school starts again, or I am going to be one cranky momma!

Jeff brought a game we'd never played before "Around the World in 80 Days." It was fun... I actually won (thanks to Jeff coaching me). It involved a lot of strategy, and after one game, we all decided to play something lighter. So Jeff taught us a new game called "BANG!" Without going into too many details, you are a deputy, sheriff, outlaw or renegade. We played twice, and I was the renegade both times :-( Your goal is to stay alive as long as possible, and since I am not the most strategic of players, I was killed off rather expediently in the first game. Bummer! I stayed alive until the bitter end in the second game, but David was the sheriff. I told him I loved him, but he killed me anyway. Darn!

Then I cajoled everyone into playing dominoes, which I love, but I got the worst hands ever! Jeff is very good at Mexican train and he creamed me. I consumed one margarita and one glass of champagne over the course of the evening...maybe I should have had more to drink. It might have eased the pain of losing by over 150 points!

So...my new year's resolutions?

1. To not yell at the kids when I need them, and have them come find me if they need me. Otherwise, we are yelling at each other across the house. I was doing pretty good until Hurricane Ike, and then it kinda fell by the wayside. Also to crack down on the discipline just a bit. David and I have both noticed it takes 3-4 times of us telling the kids to do something before they do the requested task. So we're going to make sure we are consistent with our consequences instead of repeated ourselves over and over again.

2. To eat really healthy for the next month. I got on the scale this morning for the first time in 2 months, and breathed a sigh of relief...I didn't gain as much as I thought (whew!). So check out my cooking blog, http://kims-concoctions.blogspot.com/, because I'll be posting some lighter meals! But I think we're going to go out for Mexican food tonight. My "diet" doesn't officially start until tomorrow, lol.

3. To spend 1 hour in Eucharistic Adoration a week. This is actually one of my Regnum Christi resolutions, and I have not been good at keeping it. I know Jesus is waiting for me to spend more time with Him.
Anyone else have resolutions for this year?

1 comment:

  1. Kimberly, I believe we've met . . . CCL convention in NC. I read Margaret's blog - Minnestota Mom - and thought your pic looked familiar. We have a lot more in common. I'm involved with Familia & RC, too. Cute blog. I hope to check back again

    ReplyDelete