Today, I...
Got up at 7AM.
Had everyone else up, dressed, and fed by 8:30.
Swept and moped the kitchen floor.
Speech therapist came at 9, said Gabriel is progressing nicely :-).
While she worked with Gabriel, I helped everyone pack their bags for our trip to San Antonio tomorrow.
Finished packing my suitcase.
After speech, picked up the babysitter.
Dropped the babysitter and Gabriel off at the house.
Took the rest of the kids shopping for the last things they needed for school.
Joshua got:
socks and a t-shirt that says, "Awesome ends with ME."
Rebecca got:
socks, underwear, a lunchbox, 3 pairs of bermuda shorts, a dress, and leggings to match.
Christina got:
socks, underwear, 2 pairs of bermuda shorts, a dress, leggings to match, and a Pokemon plush toy (with the last of her birthday money).
Poor Gabriel didn't get anything except an ice pack for his lunchbox...but he has plenty of clothes, socks, etc.
In between stores, stopped at McDonald's for lunch. Let the kids get whatever they wanted, 'cause I'm a good mom ;-).
Made it home after 4 hours of store-hopping. Took the babysitter home.
Endured non-stop heckling, whining, and complaining from Rebecca all the way back to the house (she was tired, hungry, thirsty...but I felt like I was pecked by 1,000 ducks).
Checked my inbox when we got home...I had 21 emails (mostly from Facebook...good grief).
Washed the 24 pairs of socks and 19 pairs of underwear we bought today. Girls HAD to have them to wear on the first day of school, of course.
Made one cake, cooled it, mixed it with frosting into 48 cake balls, and put 'em in the freezer.
(I'll finish them Sunday night when we get home from the trip).
Called my better half, said he'd be home later...was in a meeting until 6:30, and needed to finish up a few things :-( .
Reheated leftovers for dinner and cleaned up the kitchen.
Had the kids fold all their new underwear and socks and put it away.
Got everyone into PJ's, brushed teeth, clipped 40 fingers and 40 toes, said prayers, and had kids in bed by 8:25 PM.
Rounded up the last few things for the trip...movies for the kids to watch, camera, batteries, cell phone charger, snacks, water bottles...
Had a late dinner of tuna fish on Ritz crackers. Cleaned up the kitchen again.
Finished this blog post and posted it.
Kissed the hubby goodnight (who made it home at 9:30) and went to bed.
Just call me Super Mom.
No comments:
Post a Comment