Monday, August 24, 2009

4, 2, and K

I had a 4th grader, a 2nd grader, and a kindergartner start school today.

Whoa...wait a minute....is that right?

Yep, it's true. Sigh...

And I can't even bear the though of my little angel boy in school...or I'll start bawling...hard.

But they're still so stinkin' cute, don't you think?

Even though Joshua wouldn't smile for this shot...

Rebecca was anxious to see if any of her friends from last year would be in her class.

Christina was excited and wanted to wear the same shirt as her big sister. She needed a bit of a push going into her classroom, but was all smiles when I left. I had a lump in my throat, but didn't cry.

It was so quiet when we got back to the house. Gabriel called out, "Becca, Becca?" I told him she was at school. He seemed to accept the answer, but I think he was sad too.

They're all back home now...safe and sound. Joshua said his first day was "good." Rebecca was happy to have a friend from kindergarten in her class. Christina told me she wants to buy pizza for lunch next Monday :-).

As for me...I enjoyed my day too, but I missed all my kiddos somethin' fierce.

No comments:

Post a Comment