"When I turn 5, I get to go to kindergarten. I can ride the bus. I will wear Rebecca's clothes. I know...I'll jump in the pool! " She really believes she can do anything at 5 years old. I decided not to tell her there were a few things she'd have to wait on until she is older.
Her birthday has been a weekend long celebration. Yesterday, we went to the beach. A good time was had by all! Christina told me her favorite part was jumping over the waves :-).
She opened her presents after Mass this morning...
Christina showed off her Hello Kitty backpack when she got home. The little tiara on her head says, "Birthday Girl." And yes...except for Mass, she wore it ALL DAY.
Once back home, she blew her candles out over a 2 layer birthday cake with pink frosting, pink and green sprinkles, and pink candles. Yep, she's still a pink freak.
After bedtime prayers, I asked Christina if she'd had a good birthday, and she said,
"Mommy, this was the best birthday ever! I love you!"
And in case you were wondering...she finally took off that tiara to go to sleep :-).
Happy Birthday Christina...I hope you dream about all the things you want to do when you turn six!
Happy birthday Christina!
ReplyDeleteSuch a sweet girl
ReplyDelete