This news was very disturbing to me...because I am Regnum Christi. I love being in the Movement, and the charisms of this apostolate have taught me so much about who I am, what Christ asks of me, and how I can "love Christ, Serve Others, build the Church."
If you read either on of the articles I linked to above, you will see the Catholic Church still recognizes the monumental work the Legionnaries of Christ have done, and have not withdrawn its Constitution. Nor have they ordered the Legion to stop working in any capacity.
There will be more to come, I am sure. Already this news has send shockwaves through the Church around the world. The Legion will have a very heavy cross to bear in the months and years to come. Already the Church is hurting, and desperately needs priests. I hope this does not hurt those who still feel they have a calling to the religious life.
I pray people will recognize that even though this man's sin was grievious, he was still human, and he will answer for his actions. We all have sins, and even though we are not in the public eye like Fr. Maciel was, we would not want our sins broadcast and published thoughout the world.
St. Joseph, pray for us.
St. Michael the Archangel, defend us in battle.
Mary Our Mother, pray for us.
Well said Kimberly. I feel the same about being Regnum Christi - even though we are very isolated from other RC members. Familia and Regnum Christi, early on, were an inspiration for me in embracing and learning the Catholic faith I was born into. Familia still is in many ways and has brought many friendships to me that strengthen and further encourage my spiritual life.
ReplyDeleteHi Kimberly, I just found your blog from Blair's. I'm not part of Regnum Christi but was very blessed by my time in a Familia group. Prayers to you and all RCs.
ReplyDeleteThere is a great article about this..very hopeful..I will send it to you..I am thinking of you..:)
ReplyDelete