David being the ultimate handyman that he is, built the official pushmobile. The other den leader Mike painted it. Joshua was thrilled that it had a Batman motif on it. Here he is ready to go at the starting line.
Saturday, December 13, 2008
Pushmobile!
When I say, "pushmobile," that is exactly what it means, lots of pushing, and lots of running. Joshua's Cub Scout Pack participated in their first Pushmobile race today. This involves all the scout packs in the Polaris District, which is about 1,000 boys. Man...that's a lot of boys running around!
David being the ultimate handyman that he is, built the official pushmobile. The other den leader Mike painted it. Joshua was thrilled that it had a Batman motif on it. Here he is ready to go at the starting line.
Each race consists of a team of 8 boys, and they actually run a relay, stopping 4 times to change riders and pushers. The heats are according to rank, so it started out with the youngest scouts, the Tigers, and then the rest...Wolves, Bears, Webelos I, and Webelos II. I took a picture of us while we waited for Joshua's race to start.
And here's a shot of the rookies.
Here are some more pics of all the pushmobile action.



Next year...we'll try for a trophy! We didn't place this year, but our team did really well considering this was the first year they'd ever done this. We sure did cheer them on!
David being the ultimate handyman that he is, built the official pushmobile. The other den leader Mike painted it. Joshua was thrilled that it had a Batman motif on it. Here he is ready to go at the starting line.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
It was good to here from you on my blog. I am Im-Pressed! Keeping up two blogs... and one with all of the yummy recipes. I hope you don't mind, I added you to the blogs I follow. It's nice to see what the rest of the family is up to!
ReplyDeleteSteph