(But enough of that. I shouldn't even be rambling, because I'm not sick, thank goodness. But I'll be sure to link y'all back to this post in case I ever am.)
My little angel boy however, has been sick since Friday. He woke up with a fever, and he's had one on and off for 5 days now. It's rare any of our kids get a fever for more than 2 days. Last night, David and I debated whether or not to take him to the pediatrician, and we decided not to. We're pretty sure Gabriel's got a virus of some sort, since he doesn't have a sore throat, and his fever (which hovers around 102 degrees) does come down when we give him tylenol or advil. He is sleeping great (even through the night except for Sunday night), and is drinking plenty of fluids. I'm guessing the pediatrician wouldn't tell me anything I don't already know.
Gabriel's logged in a TON of cuddling time since Friday...you can bet he's all for it. Today, he laid on my chest, and almost fell asleep, but wouldn't let me put him down for an early nap. Spoiled? You betcha. And is Momma enjoying this precious time with her little guy? Absolutely.
So, the house is in disarray...the dishwasher needs to be emptied, and the laundry I did yesterday is still in the basket, waiting to be folded. The trash needs to be taken out, the dust bunnies in the foyer are getting rather large, and I can't even look at the kitchen floor. I managed to make a fabric-covered bulletin board for Gabriel's room yesterday while he took a 3.5 hour nap, but that's been the extend of my productivity. Oh well. I probably should have cleaned house, but needed something fun to do.
Hopefully he's getting over the hump. He ate lunch for the first time in 3 days, and let me take his picture today...anything to get a smile out of him, poor baby. (Yes, he's still my baby.) Even the girls are saying, "Poor baby, bless his heart" when they come home from school and see he's still sick.
He is suppposed to start MDO tomorrow, but he'll have to stay home. Which is fine by me. We'll just snuggle on the couch with our blankie, 2 stuffed dogs, his sippy cup of juice, a stack of books, and several episodes of Dora the Explorer.
Thank goodness for the sick days.
No comments:
Post a Comment