Sunday, September 20, 2009

Last One Outta Diapers

It's official.

Our last kid is out of diapers.

We started potty training Gabriel on Friday.  At first, he wouldn't put the underwear on, and wanted to put on a diaper.  But after some coaxing, he put on a pair of Cookie Monster underpants.  I took Gabriel to Walmart earlier this week to pick out his underwear. He couldn't understand why he couldn't have the Dora or Blue's Clues panties (very pink and girly). I thought about it...but just couldn't go there. I told David later on, and he said he wouldn't have wanted to buy them either. I am always bummed when I buy clothes for Gabriel, because there's FAR more variety and MUCH cuter clothes for girls. Must it come down to the underwear too? Good grief.

Gabriel's doing pretty good, better than I expected.  He had only one accident the first day...but we'll give him lots of juice, on Saturday, so I anticipate more, but that's okay. 

He is a little nervous about going potty...but man, he sure can hold it.  That's good for him, but it makes Mom wonder.  I mean, you know the kid's got to go when he stays dry through his nap, and is still dry at 7:30 PM!  Thankfully, David was able to sit with him Friday night and he finally went.   

Regardless, Gabriel likes his Disney character and Sesame Street underwear.  Personally, I think he looks pretty cute...and it fits him.  (Poor Joshua was so skinny when he was getting potty trained...his underwear barely stayed up).  Doesn't he look proud of himself?


Update: Gabriel had plenty more accidents later in the weekend...but it's Sunday now, and he's only had one today...hooray!

1 comment: