Monday, April 27, 2009

Frustration

DEFINITION: Frustration

frustration

n 1: the feeling that accompanies an experience of being thwarted
in attaining your goals [syn:
defeat]
2: an act of hindering some one's plans or efforts [syn:
thwarting,
foiling]
3: a feeling of annoyance at being hindered or criticized; "her
constant complaints were the main source of his
frustration"


It seems like things have just not been the greatest around here lately...not really bad, but not really good either.

Christina has struggled with #2 ever since we started potty training her over 2 years ago (yes, 2 years and counting now). She'd been mostly fine for a few months, but now the potty business has eluded her and we're back to having accidents. Frankly, I am sick of it...seriously, heartily, and wearily sick of wiping and cleaning off a 4 years and 8 months old little girl. Plus...she has been having the worse temper tantrums, screaming, kicking, earth shattering tantrums, at the frightening rate of nearly one per day. In fact, she is having one right now because I wouldn't let her have a bag of chocolate chip cookies for snack. I can't help but wonder if she'll be ready for kindergarten this fall after all. Sigh...

Gabriel's had a bad diaper rash for nearly a month now...we held off going to the pediatrician because at one point we didn't have health insurance (when David lost his job). We do now, but it took until last Friday to get the new insurance cards. I finally got an appointment this morning, and was floored when I was told Gabriel has strep of the anus. Yes...down there. (Well...I never!) At least it can be cured with a course of antibiotics for 10 days. Hopefully, that is taken care of now.

Both the older two kids have decided to not listen to me when I tell them to do something. It probably has to do with the fact that I have let discipline slip a little. But I've just about had it with the "But MOM!" attitudes and the back talking around here!

Last weekend, it poured rain, and David couldn't work on the new garden shed he's building behind the garage. So this weekend, even though I've not been feeling great...David worked all weekend on his shed. I try really hard to be supportive of his projects, but it just irritated me to no end...even though I begged the Blessed Mother for patience, and tried to just keep going.

It doesn't help that I've had a cough for over 2 weeks now. I don't have a chest cold, and I don't have a head cold either...so I can't figure out why I have a cough. But it keeps me up at night, so I am just really tired. I dragged myself to Rebecca's soccer game on Saturday, and the March of Dimes Walk yesterday, tried to nap when we got back home, only to be awakened by David's vigorous hammering on his shed in the back yard and the kids fighting over the computer. Sigh...

I know I should go in to see the doctor, but Gabriel's had a fever for 2 days, so I need to wait until he is well before I can go. I'll bet I'll be sitting at the clinic for hours too...because even with an appointment, we still usually have a long wait. Sigh...

I am sorry to have this pity party...really...I know people have it worse out there. But I really wish Christina would just poop in the potty, David would just hurry up and finish the darn shed, Joshua and Rebecca could be more obedient, Gabriel would just be well, and that I would stop coughing!

Cough...sigh...

3 comments:

  1. Just praying for you, Kimberly. Being a mom is just plain tough ... we have our own (different) issues here. Hope sharing yours helps a little; sometimes it feels like there is no one on this earth to whom we can vent without getting a suggestion, a book, or a talk.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Kim, soo sorry! Wish I was there to give you a hug! PL heading your way - that should give ya a smile ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'll join the pity party with you! We're having a rough go of it this year, also dealing with job loss, illness, and now our house is in danger of flooding again. Bring on the rainbows, God!

    ReplyDelete