My friend Allison sent out an email last week about a big consignment sale going on this week, and I went yesterday with Rebecca (thanks for the info Allison!).
I was so glad to get out of the house...it's been cold, wet, and rainy for 3 days now....the kids are getting cabin fever, but love watching Animaniacs on DVD for hours...
I found some shirts for both the girls for school (we'll save them for this fall), plus a denim jumper dress for Rebecca. There is always good stuff for girls at sales like this.
I wish it were the same for boys. The selection was limited on their end of the gym, but I did get 3 tees, a book, and a new umbrella stroller for Gabriel. Someone pointed out the boxes of boys shoes, and I found a cute, gently used pair of sandals that light up. When I showed them to Gabriel, he was enthralled by them. They're just a tad too big, but that's fine, because he'll grow into them.
But the deal of the day...I was SO happy. Allison gets all the credit for this one too (she called and told me yesterday because she bought one also). I found a brand new, 1st Communion dress for Rebecca. It was originally priced at $70.00.
It was marked down to $18.00
I couldn't believe it, a beautiful white dress, with some white piping on the bodice and a row of flowers on the waistband. I wanted something simple because Rebecca will be wearing the veil I wore for my 1st Communion, which is rather elaborate.
It is long, but she only grows a little; likely it'll be just above her ankles next year. Christina is not as petite, so the hope (and prayer) is that it will be tea-length for her when she receives the sacrament in another 3 years.
Here's a pic, what do you think? We modeled it for Daddy when we got home, and he approved of it (especially the price!).
I was so glad to get out of the house...it's been cold, wet, and rainy for 3 days now....the kids are getting cabin fever, but love watching Animaniacs on DVD for hours...
I found some shirts for both the girls for school (we'll save them for this fall), plus a denim jumper dress for Rebecca. There is always good stuff for girls at sales like this.
I wish it were the same for boys. The selection was limited on their end of the gym, but I did get 3 tees, a book, and a new umbrella stroller for Gabriel. Someone pointed out the boxes of boys shoes, and I found a cute, gently used pair of sandals that light up. When I showed them to Gabriel, he was enthralled by them. They're just a tad too big, but that's fine, because he'll grow into them.
But the deal of the day...I was SO happy. Allison gets all the credit for this one too (she called and told me yesterday because she bought one also). I found a brand new, 1st Communion dress for Rebecca. It was originally priced at $70.00.
It was marked down to $18.00
I couldn't believe it, a beautiful white dress, with some white piping on the bodice and a row of flowers on the waistband. I wanted something simple because Rebecca will be wearing the veil I wore for my 1st Communion, which is rather elaborate.
It is long, but she only grows a little; likely it'll be just above her ankles next year. Christina is not as petite, so the hope (and prayer) is that it will be tea-length for her when she receives the sacrament in another 3 years.
Here's a pic, what do you think? We modeled it for Daddy when we got home, and he approved of it (especially the price!).
It looks a lot like our 1st communion dress. Glad you got a good deal!
ReplyDeleteGood work!
ReplyDelete