Wednesday, March 18, 2009

Happy Yet Sad

Earlier today I was a wreck. I shouldn't be. I am so happy David got a job. He will be working for Sterling Bank, about 40 minutes from home, and he may be able to start as early as next Monday. I am thankful...beyond measure...we have friends who have been out of work for months...and they are truly struggling, suffering, and just hanging on for dear life.

But I am profoundly sad today. One of the purchases we'd put off was a mattress set for Gabriel (it was a big expense that had to wait while David job hunted). This was fine with me, because Momma was NOT ready...I repeat...NOT READY for Gabriel to graduate to a big boy bed. And we're thinking more kids may not be in our future...so our little boy may be our last one...

Well, we went out today and got the mattress set. I helped David carry it all upstairs, and he asked me:

"Well, sweetie, you ready?"

"No" I said, and promptly burst into tears. I cried...hard...David just held me...thank God for such a caring husband...

I finally stopped crying, and together we set up the bed. David had to go get his socket set to take apart the crib. I couldn't bear to watch that part, I went downstairs and started this post. Once it the crib was dismantled, I was somewhat okay.

Here's the before (sorry, couldn't do it during the process):

And here's after:

The quilt was made by Grandma Reisinger. She's made a baby quilt (you can see just a bit of it on the floor) and a twin quilt for every grandchild...she's awesome. Grandpa Reisinger has made a little stool for every grandchild, with their name wood-burned on it.

I still want to make a roman shade for the window and a couple of accent pillows. David is going to help me make a fabric-covered headboard and French-style bulletin board. But I held off on those things b/c of funds...I will probably start getting the supplies I need to make all that in a couple of weeks.
Sigh...we'll see how Gabriel likes his new bed when he takes a nap this afternoon. My sweet angel boy...in a big bed.

If they could just stay little...

Darn it...I'm going to cry again...

1 comment:

  1. oh Kim, I wish I could give you a hug! I totally felt that way when I packed up Nate's clothes...and they haunt me from the top of the closet! The room looks great!!

    ReplyDelete