Friday, June 15, 2012

Stormy Weather Ahead

I shouldn't have, but I looked ahead at my google calendar for the next 2 weeks.  


Afterwards, I wanted to hide somewhere and have a good cry. 'Cause I'm frankly afraid of sinking.  


It never fails me.  I start off the summer thinking I'll have plenty of time to relax, tackle some long-term projects, cook some amazing meals, and work on my tan.  


Okay, skip the tan.  I don't even have to try...spending 5-6 hours at the swim meets every Saturday is giving me quite the glow. ;-)


Joking aside, I am overwhelmed.  Every time I turn around, something else gets added to the calendar.  Here's what happening over the next 2 weeks:


Swim Meet and Divisionals (next 2 weekends)
Natural Family Planning Class (at our house)
Cleaning the house
Pick up used curriculum at used bookstore
Fr. Martial is coming over for dinner!
Boy Scout meeting
Allergist appointment for Christina
Haircut for me
David goes to Seattle for 4 days
Uniform fitting for Regina Caeli for 3 kids
My best friend from high school comes for a 3 day visit!
Train the neighbor's girl down the street to pet-sit Marty for a week
Drop off Joshua's pack for his Boy Scout camp out
Drop off Joshua for Boy Scout Camp.  Pick him up a week later in Dallas
Bible Study at my house--make dessert to serve the ladies
Vacation Bible School for 5 days
Night out with my Catholic Chicks (thank goodness!)
Joshua's birthday
Our 14 anniversary
Pack for trip to Dallas for the kids
Pack for our trip to Salt Lake (just David and I)
Drive to Dallas and drop off kids at Grandma's 
Fly to Salt Lake 


If I missed anything...I surely don't know where it will fit in after all that!


I know I can't focus on the whole picture.  I really just need to take things one day at a time.  But I'm a planner...so that's a real challenge for me sometimes.  I want to finish one thing before moving on to the next.  But you can't do that when there's so much packed into a relatively short amount of time.  So I find myself frustrated because I want to tie up all the lose ends, and be done with it.  It just doesn't compute, does it?  


Throw in 5 kids at home for the summer, a load or two of laundry every day due to swim team practices, 2 power outages in 5 days from severe thunderstorms, my determination to lose 10 pounds (and therefore, no chocolate or wine to soothe my nerves), and a sweet baby girl who insists on me reading her books umpteen time a days...sigh.  


Physically, mentally, emotionally, and spiritually...I am just beat y'all. 


I know...it could be worse.  And if I can't take care of it, God will.  There's really nothing He can't do, and He doesn't expect me to do it all.  I go through stages where my life is super busy, and I sail through just fine.  Other times (like now), it's like a raging storm that keeps going and going and going...with no signs of stopping.  I'm neither swimming nor drowning, but I can only tread water so long!  


Sigh...anyone want to jump ship with me?  Or join my crazy crew? ;-)  Warning...the next 2 weeks could be the ride of your life!


No comments:

Post a Comment