That being said, he was also kind, intelligent, and funny. And he liked to talk. He loved to share stories and laugh, even if he wasn't being funny. ;-) Grandpa was an officer in the United States Army, and served his country in WWII. I remember how he loved to play golf, and he loved his scotch on the rocks. Those were his favorite things.
Even when Grandpa's health declined and he needed nursing care, he kept those nurses hopping. I told him to be nice, but I heard there were a few times when things got dicey. Bless his heart. He didn't like getting old, or being told what to do, and I am so thankful he didn't suffer. He simply laid down to take a nap and never woke up. When the nurses checked on him, he was gone.
I can still see him and Grandma dancing at my wedding. Those two were all over the place. Everyone was so impressed, 'cause they were tearing up the floor! I remember dancing with Grandpa...he kept in time to the music perfectly, and didn't miss a beat.
Grandpa...I love you. I love you so much. I am so glad we visited you last year when we did. I'm so glad you were able to meet Theresa and hold your 9th great-grandchild in your arms. I'm so glad I can still remember your smile and the twinkle in your eye.
Rest in peace. We'll see each other again soon. Until then, you enjoy that round of golf and your scotch on the rocks. I know that's what you're living for in heaven.
Love, your grandaughter,
No comments:
Post a Comment