I am seriously in disbelief. Where did that month go???
That's the one thing about being sleep deprived. Time goes by fast. ;-)
But honestly, I'm not too tired. Theresa gets up 2x at night to nurse. 95% of the time, she goes right back to sleep. If she doesn't, she'll cry (and sometimes scream) for a while. But eventually, she'll crash again. I've kinda given up on going back to my own bed to sleep. Once Theresa gets up the first time, we snuggle up together on the futon bed in her room, and I'll sleep with her the rest of the night. It's just easier for me (instead of going back and forth multiple times). And I've been able to take a nap nearly every day since she was born. I'm betting I won't be so lucky this week, since the kids are home on Spring Break.
I suppose I should post a few pics of our sweet baby girl. I admit we haven't taken very many...but the ones we have are pretty cute.
Christina wants to hold her baby sister ALL THE TIME. Thankfully Theresa will let Rebecca or Christina hold her for a good 10 minutes at a time...as long as she's not tired or hungry.
"Mommy, where's Theresa?"
"She's asleep."
"Oh. Well, can I wake her up and hold her?"
"NO! Never wake a sleeping baby!"
Theresa's godmother paid us a surprise visit when she was just a few days old. Lara brought the most beautiful bouquet of dark pink roses...I should have taken a pictures of them.
Godfather Jeff came when Theresa was 2 weeks old. He only got to hold her for a minute before she started to fuss.
Aunt Jenn came one day bearing gifts, and brought dinner too. Yum.
And no, you're not seeing things. Yes, we're twins. Don't know if I've ever posted a pic of my sister on my blog. But now you know. ;-)
And Uncle Jim came last weekend. He didn't bring dinner, but he did bring a present for Theresa (including an adorable pair of striped socks) and flowers.
Aunt Jenn came one day bearing gifts, and brought dinner too. Yum.
And no, you're not seeing things. Yes, we're twins. Don't know if I've ever posted a pic of my sister on my blog. But now you know. ;-)
And Uncle Jim came last weekend. He didn't bring dinner, but he did bring a present for Theresa (including an adorable pair of striped socks) and flowers.
David won't admit it, but Theresa has got him wrapped all around her pinkie finger. She has already cooed at him once.
I managed to get one shot of all 5 kids together in the backyard for the birth announcements...it was nuts! The kids were all cranky by the time I finished, but one good pic was all I needed.
Other than nursing, pooping, and sleeping, Theresa doesn't do much else. But the younger three want to kiss her all the time, and Gabriel especially seems enamored by his baby sister. Sure...he's had a few tantrums, but it hasn't been too bad. I physically feel back to normal...albeit tired. And my mental capabilities aren't all there yet. David had to order the birth announcements because I just couldn't (he had to do 2 separate orders to use the $40 of credit we had with Shutterfly).
So...I'm off to clean the kitchen, and hopefully grab a nap later today. Later!

No comments:
Post a Comment