Wednesday, February 3, 2010

The Things Gabriel Says

All of our kids have been slow to talk.  Even Rebecca, who is our earliest talker didn't combine words into simple sentences until she was 25 months old...and she had 6 months of speech therapy.  Go figure. 

So I guess that's why we get a kick out of what comes out of Gabriel's mouth...even though he's our fourth kid.  He'll say something...and we'll all just crack up.  It's even better when he looks at all of us like we've lost it...giggles...and then busts out laughing. 

Here are just a few of the things Gabriel says (and the responses we give him). 

GABRIEL:  "I can't reach it!  Help Mommy!"

MOM:  "Um no...you can't have the scissors."

GABRIEL:  "PLEASE?"
(What, we're negotiating already?  You're only 2!)

MOM: "No Gabriel!"
(And he gives me that impish grin...the one that says, "Okay...I'll figure out a way later...when you're not looking!")

GABRIEL: "Mommy, what's for dinner?"

MOM: "Leftover chicken."

GABRIEL: "YEAH!"

 MOM:  "Well okay...even though you turned it down last night."

GABRIEL:  "Again...again, PLEASE!"

DADDY:  "Okay...hold on tight!" (He's swinging around in David's arms).

And we can't forget the 2-year-old classic...

GABRIEL:  "I do it...I do it...I DO IT!"

 MOM:  "Sheesh...okay kid! I'll even give you 5 points for persistence!"

MOM:  "On Friday, he ate through..."

GABRIEL:  "...But he was STILL hungry!"
(Gabriel can "read" most of The Very Hungry Caterpillar all by himself). 

MOM AND DAD:  "What do you want to pray for?"  (This is when we say prayers at bedtime.)

GABRIEL: "I pray I have good day at school." 

 MOM:  "Gabriel, are you a big boy or a baby?" 

GABRIEL:  "I baby...I a baby (and he knows it too!)."

And my personal favorite...

GABRIEL:  "More hug Mommy (or more hug Daddy)!"

And of course, we hug him to pieces!

No comments:

Post a Comment