Friday, December 4, 2009

Pictures in the Snow

Today was magical...we had snow.  It happens so rarely here...the kids couldn't wait to get home...since the greatest chance for snow was this afternoon.  When I went to read to Rebecca's class around 2:30, she told me everyone had gone outside twice to "play" in the snow.  (Her classroom is right by an exit door, and the kids could see the flurries coming down.  Rebecca's teacher said they didn't get much work done today ;-).  But what a wonderful thing...letting all the kids out...and taste snowflakes on their tongues. 

We were hoping it would accumulate more, but we only got enough to throw a few snowballs in the backyard.  But the kids were happy enough, and once their feet and gloves were soaked through, the novelty wore off and they all decided to come back inside. 

I got a few pictures of the snow and the kids having fun (who know when I'll get to use the "snow" settting on my camera again!). 





No comments:

Post a Comment