Tuesday, October 14, 2008

Tag

Tag...hmm...okay. Katie, here goes...

My First Child

1. Were you married at the time? Yes

2. What were your reactions when you found out you were pregnant? We were excited, but I was nervous too.

3. How old were you? 24

4. How did you find out you were pregnant? I just knew, took a pregnancy test, and there was a plus sign…

5.Who did you tell first? I think we told my parents and in-laws first.

6. Did you want to find out the sex? No, we wanted it to be a surprise…that drove my MIL crazy.

7. Due date? June 30, 1999.

8. Did you deliver your child early or late? 3 days early.

9. Did you have morning sickness? Only 1-2 not so great days & that was it.

10. What did you crave? Bean burritos with jalapenos, and oranges.

11. Who irritated you the most? One teacher at the school where I worked was upset…she’s been trying to get pregnant too after having a miscarriage. She actually told me, "See…NFP doesn’t work!" She just didn’t understand, and I couldn’t explain to her that we were open to life. Later, I found out she’d adopted a baby overseas, went on maternity leave, put the baby in day care, and went back to work. I though it was sad she worked so hard to have a baby, only to leave her in the care of others.

12. What was your first child's sex? ALL BOY.

13. How many pounds did you gain throughout the pregnancy? I’m not telling…nope…no way.

14. Did you have any complications during your pregnancy? No.

15. Where did you give birth? Memorial Herman Southwest

16. How many hours were you in labor? 22 very long, exhausting hours. Poor kid, he eventually had to be "suctioned" out with the vacuum extractor because he wouldn’t budge after 2 hours of pushing.

17. Who drove you to the hospital? David

18. Who watched? Just David, the doctor, and several nurses...I didn’t want anyone else.

19. Was it vaginal or c-section? Normal vaginal birth…but I had many complications afterwards; I’ll spare you all the details.

20. Did you take medicine to ease the pain? Heck yes…give me that epidural!

21. How much did your child weigh? 8 lbs. 10 ounces

22. What did you name him/her? Joshua David. Joshua because it was my favorite name, David because the Reisinger tradition is to give the first born son his father’s name as the middle name.

23. How old is your first child today? 9 (and just as cute as ever!)

Anyone else? You're "it!"











1 comment: